What is the American Advertising Federation?
American Advertising Federation of Greater Frederick (AAF-GF) is the regional professional organization for individuals who work in advertising, marketing and related fields within central and western Maryland. Established in 1989, AAF-GF is one of 200+ local chapters of the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the national organization that acts as the “Unifying Voice for Advertising.” AAF is divided into 15 districts and our club is part of District 2, which includes New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia.
AAF promotes and protects the ethics and principles of good advertising, advocating the rights of advertisers as well as educating policymakers, the news media and the general public on the value of advertising and its importance to our economy.
At the local level, we offer a variety of programs, including meetings featuring industry-related speakers, professional development workshops, educational seminars, scholarships, public service initiatives, social events and award competitions recognizing excellence in advertising.
Through our programs and committees, AAF-GF:
- Honors advertising excellence through the annual American Advertising Award competition (in which winners receive an ADDY award)
- Recognizes service to the industry through the Crystal Prism and Silver Medal awards
- Educates members on the latest technology, industry trends, and legislative and ethical issues that may affect them
- Cultivates the industry’s present and future leaders
- Creates awareness of the diverse capabilities and talents of our members
- Supports the community through volunteer projects
- Provides valuable networking opportunities
- Provides opportunities for students to enter and excel in the field through scholarship programs and the annual Student Awards Competition
AAF-GF enhances the advertising and communications industry by providing quality support to the diverse community of individuals dedicated to their profession, whose contributions are vital to the region’s economy and culture.
- Member Benefits
- Become a Member
- Board of Directors
- Hall of Presidents
- AAF-GF Position on Speculative Work
- Recognize Leaders and Outstanding Members in the Industry